Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 25 November 2015

Winter walk, Nov 2015.

Winter walk, Nov 2015.

Walking round the lake today saw this group of Mandarins and got to thinking what was the collective noun for these birds!.
Nothing found!, but a group of ducks on the ground is a "Badelynge of ducks"  and if they are on the water swimming they are "A paddling of Ducks".


Good flyers!.



As you might know a gathering of crows is a "Murder of Crows"
While most terms for groups of birds are linked to their song or habitat, this one has its roots in medieval folklore. With their dark feathers and jet-black eyes, crows were regarded by 15th-century peasants as messengers of the devil or witches in disguise. They were suspected of having prophetic powers, and the appearance of a crow on the roof of a house was taken as an omen that someone inside would soon die. 

Plenty of Robins about, those branches look as though they are ready to bud again don't they!, the weather must be a bit confusing for the wildlife and plants at the moment!.

 I always carry some seeds to attract the birds.

Autumn leaves. 
 Even though Robins are notoriously anti-social, they do occasionally come together,
 then they are a "Round of Robins".
Here endeth the lesson for today!.

Still wondering how a big tree stood up for so long in this amount of earth!!.

Pepe in a tight squeeze!, there was nothing down there!, Dad.

Then back to the Cafe for a warm drink!
................................................................................

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bike.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked him to forgive me!
Its a Joke!!.

A nun say's to the Mother Superior, "There's a case of Syphilis in the convent", Mother Superior says "Thank goodness, I was getting tired of the Chablis"!.

Why do reindeer's wear bells?,
Because their horns don't work!.
............................................................................
Bye for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment