Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 10 February 2015

Monday 9.2.2015.

Monday 9.2.2015.

Still ice about on the lakes.


A little video showing you the difficulties the ducks have walking on the ice.

Whilst walking Pepe round the big lake saw these ducks that stood out with some of them standing out with their rusty looking heads and the pairs were so different from each other.
took these pictures and went back to the Cafe to see if my friend Sylvia could identify them, we both thought they were from the Grebe family. Then Steve the ex warden came along and got out his bird books out of the information centre, which didn't have anything like them !.
Met friends Bob and Joyce arriving as I was leaving and set him the challenge to name these birds.
Bob didn't let us down and came up with the name for them. No wonder they weren't on my British birds APP on my  phone, they are Common Merganser's

Click here for more info


As you will see from the link the Black and White ones are Males and the rusty headed ones are Females.






Perhaps we might see something like this picture I found on the net come the spring, if they haven't gone back to their home land.


They did look like Grebes from their outlines though, still you learn something new every day, if you want too that is!.
I was quite thrilled at my spotting them, sad isn't it!.
...............................................................................

Did you hear of the Hyena that swallowed an Oxo cube;
He made a laughing stock of himself.

What happened to the two bed bugs who fell in love.
They got married in the Spring.
.............................................................................
That's all folks!.

No comments:

Post a Comment