Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 5 January 2015

The aftermath.

The aftermath, 2015.
Well that's another Christmas and New Year over, aren't you really glad its all over for another 12 month's!.
We have had a nice quiet holiday, there again, when you're retired it's all one long holiday isn't it, I'm lucky that I've got someone to share it with these days and after a nice day at John's on Christmas Day, then the regular Boxing Day buffet at John's in-laws it was very nice. 
Marjorie spent her Christmas at her Daughter and G/daughters, then had New Year with them as well which was very nice for her!.
My Birthday on the 2nd  ( what was that program on TV, something Sunset Strip) was spent with Marjorie and we had a good day out and finished the day at our favourite watering hole "The Stable Gate" where we are quite well known, "Its those old Codgers again" I can hear them saying!. Most think we are an old married couple!.
Today I've been to the lake and had a drink and toasted teacake with friends Bob and Joyce at the Cafe, then after they left, Pepe and I had a nice walk round the lakes and returned for a cholesterol free Sausage and bacon buttie and another drink, just to keep the cold out you understand!.

A few pictures from round the lake today

Is he never going to leave home?.


This old sluice machinery is handy as a hitching post whilst you take a few pictures 


The beautiful Mandarins again 


Too cold in the water, even for them, all stood in the branches, 





Next stop, the north face of the Eiger!.



Are you sure He's mine?.

You've seen this before I'm sure but you can't get too much of a good thing can you and it get's better every year!.
..................................................................................
Police are looking for a three fingered  pickpocket who specialties in stealing bowling balls.

Gladys always wanted to be a policewoman. 
Now she's on the beat.
"Its not much of a job, but it's better than walking the streets" she said.

"As for the problem of the pigeons around the Town Hall" said the Mayor, "Its no use trying to dodge the issue"
..............................................................................
Thats all folks.
  


No comments:

Post a Comment