Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Sunday 10 November 2013

Last week Nov 2013

Last week was quite busy, as it was my lady friends birthday on the Sunday she stayed at her daughters and I picked her and one of her G/daughters up on the Monday morning. One was back to school and the other was still on holiday, as usual messing the parents about with their work commitments!
So it was off to pick up the two ladies and then off to Bakewell, when we got there the place I usually park in at Bakewell, the road was closed as it was market day!, which I hadn't realised, still it was off over the river to the big car park there and managed to squeeze in there,then a short walk back to the town centre over the bridge.
The river was very wild, full and murky after the rain we had had so there wasn't much chance of seeing the big trout this time, the ducks and geese seemed to be enjoying it though, must have been stirring up the water bugs for them.
 Though nice and sunny it was quite cool, still you can get wrapped up can't you!.
Just crossed over the bridge from the carpark

Feeling the wildfowl, Pepe fighting for his share.
Feeling blue
Pretty as a picture.

That's my favourite! she say's, and mine but I'm looking in another direction aren't I.

 The girls favourite.

Then it was walk round the shops and a stroll to the Lime Tree Cafe which we had been in before and liked the meals, though sitting outside this day was a bite too far!, upon inquiring inside they were quite happy to let dogs dine inside, so all was well and we all had a lovely meal of chicken minestrone soup ( never heard of that before) and the sandwich which we had ordered as well we could have done without, still we managed and it did the trick of warming us up for another stroll round the market stalls.


Came upon these artists collecting for charity, and when we had donated they moved and came up with this photo frame!.
 Nice one Jessica.
The market was in full swing and I got some good books at two for a fiver, must go there again.
...........
Friday was a day out to Buxton and though it was drizzling most of the day it didn't dampen our spirits, its the company that matters isn't it?.
I enquired at the Railway Pub near the carpark and they don't let dogs in but told us of three places that did, which was nice of them wasn't it.
We made our way to the Old Clubhouse Inn opposite the Opera House and there we had a nice meal and Pepe was as good as gold with never a murmur out of him.
Look at that not a crumb in sight.
Two meals for £11, two coffees each, a tip and a doggie bag for Pepe's dinner all for £20!. I certainly know how to show a girl a good time hey. Still the lady likes the simple things in life, perhaps that's why she likes me!!.
A service for the central heating, a new battery charger for the big camera as well, so a busy week with a visit to Etherow yesterday to round it off nicely, though the heavens opened again on the way home.
..........................................................................
Remember when the police didn't hide behind trees on the side of busy roads with radar guns, but took their chances out in the traffic like everybody else?.

The doctor told me I would have to limit my drinks to one a day, I'm now up to March 25, 2019.

Fred the boozer has finally given up drink, for the sake of his wife and kidneys.

That's all for now folks 
......................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment