Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Thursday 14 July 2011

St Mary's hospital

As I said earlier Velda is now on the right ward for her condition which seems to have been narrowed down to a gynaecology case!, it takes time to get to the solution after all the tests and scans which after all being negative, seems a good sign!.
I have over the past weeks been in and out though the A&E department to the wards at the MRI back way and when I came out of St Mary's front entrance on Monday evening, I was amazed to look back and see the new buildings there! In my confused state I thought I'd talked into a scene of a Si/Fi film.
  The last time I was there I took my Ambulance into Nelson Street, old Victorian type buildings, the eye hospital was a bear garden when I had my cataracts done! 
For my relatives in  OZ who were in nursing as well before emigrating this is the state of hospitals in the UK, Manchester anyway!


Manchester Children's Hospital

Going from right to left 
Manchester Children's hospital
St Mary's 
Eye Hospital
Manchester Royal 


Inside the hall of the outpatients at St Mary's 



This is the side of the lift shaft.
This whole area is now called Central Manchester University Hospitals.

I'm not a great lover of art, especially pigeons on a stick at £64,000 a throw, what a waste of money, but anyone walking into the entrance of St Mary's reception couldn't help being uplifted by the sight of this bright,clean and professional looking area, I know I was! The wards are airy, clean and bright and the staff are wonderful, and introduced themselves to Velda and made her feel a lot better for the first time since she went in to hospital.
........................................................................................................
Even the parish priest was a welcome visitor for short sighted Mrs Flannigan " But that wasn't the priest " said her daughter after the man had left, "That was the doctor.
"Oh was it?," she exclaimed with relief, I thought Father O'Reilley was getting rather familiar!.
Boom Boom!
...........................................................................................................
That's all folks

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work, Duckie!
    And best wishes to Velda, for a speedy recovery

    Bob

    ReplyDelete