Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Thursday 26 September 2019

Chadderton Hall Park, 26.9.2019.

Today went to a different venue, been before but not for a long time and needed to see if the Pavilion Cafe within the park was still functioning and as good as last time we went.

 

We were not disappointed, the food was great and at very reasonable prices.
This meat and potato pie with crust was £5.50.
Beetroot or Red cabbage too.
Couldn't finish it all even though Pepe helped out with the meat.

One of the nicest Apple pie and custard I've had in a long time.

Pepe was made welcome too and even though we had to sit outside, they have put up blinds in case of rain, new since our last visit.

So the main purpose of the visit was complete,so after a visit to the loo's we set off on a walk round the park, it was still in a very nice condition as we remembered it!.
Down by the river.



The main park area.


Chadderton  Fold View, the ornamental gardens.



There is even a small garden centre which was run by special needs people last time we went but unfortunately wasn't open today. 

So a nice day out except, I think I ate too much and suffered for it on the way home!.
Like this Cormorant I saw the day before, trying to eat this massive fish!
Eyes too big for our bellies.
This was at Reddish Vale Park by the way.


The fish won the battle.

Even though this heron had a go too.

Also snapped this Cinnamon Teal Duck at the Vale, fancy that a duck that normally  comes from America!, probably an escapee,
and the same surname as me.

This Nuthatch in their classic pose.



Our national bird was singing its head of, even I could hear it!.

So a nice couple of days.
..........................................................................................
You know its going to be a bad day,
 when the bird singing outside your window is a vulture.
Or 
When you ask your secretary to file some papers for you and she says wouldn't it be easier to trim them with scissors
..................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment