Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Thursday 5 September 2019

Another first for me, 5.9.2019.

Decided to have a quick trip down the Vale before having lunch with my doggie friends at Pear Mill today and so glad I did!.
Had a drink at the info centre and then gearing up with the camera and binoculars decided to check out the Little Grebe's on Sunnyside Pond as they had been sat on their nest for quite a few days now, and a couple of ladies said they thought they had seen a baby but were not sure.
When I arrived the male looked very busy round his mate and next thing I saw him offering up a titbit to a baby that appeared from under the mother.



Then Mum decided to go off and get something to eat and Dad took over the nest duties, but I thought he wasn't taking his duties very seriously and the baby looked a bit vulnerable sat on it's own.   

Then Dad must have realized he would get some serious ear-ache off his miss's if he lost the baby so gathered it up and sat on it.

That was my signal to get off to Pear Mill Cafe for my own lunch, which was very nice as usual there.
So all in all a nice rewarding day and perhaps will see the baby riding on mum's back soon as they do the same riding as the great Crested Grebes.
Spotted a Cormorant on the Lower Mill Lake as well today, look black from a distance but close too they are quite nicely marked.

Pepe, my Longhaired Chihuahua had his six weekly wash and trim on Wednesday and while he was being done I called in a charity shop and picked up a couple of nice Jig-Saws, always have a few on hand.
Keep your eye on the Jig Saw tab at the top to see the progress on my different puzzles done. 





So there you have it till next time.
.........................................................................................................

Did you hear about the cowboy dressed in brown paper?,
He was arrested for rustling!.
.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment