Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Thursday 8 June 2017

Wednesday at the lake.

Though the weather didn't look too good decided to go to the lake and have a chat to the group I call the breakfast club!.
After a chat and a sausage buttie set off round the lake with the new camera and there opposite the lily pool was the Coot on her nest on the canal side.
 

Then noticed she had a chick under her.

She was soon feeding it 

Then dad came along with some more juicy bugs!

Then the smell of food brought out another couple of chicks.

So in all they had three!.

Not the most beautiful of chicks really are they?.

They are even swimming already, doesn't take long does it.

Here are the beautiful Mandarins, can't miss them out.


The miss's aren't as colourful but still nicely marked.


Last years Muscovy babies are growing up, getting their coloured faces and will soon be looking for mates. 

Thought you might like a few pictures of plants for a change

I like plants, but if it hasn't got a label in the garden centre, I've not a clue what they are!. 

Marjorie once told me that only amateurs leave the labels in the pots when you plant them, but when you have to think what you had for breakfast it's best to leave the labels with the plants isn't it?.

Today went to the cinema to see 'A dog's purpose', not a bad picture but a bit sad in parts
*** as you can imagine when it's a story of a number of dogs though the film that are all the same but come back to life in different breeds, still it was a happy ending!.

The weather still tending to pour down, hope it doesn't put the votes off, one is reminded of the advert that say's 'Please don't let it be him'!!.
Enough said!.
........................................................................................... 
Three things happen when you get to my age, first your memory goes and I've forgotten the other two!.

Even though I'm old, I've definitely still got it.
Trouble is, nobody want's it!.

***Men do cry, but only when assembling furniture from IKEA.
.......................................................................................






No comments:

Post a Comment