Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Saturday 10 August 2013

Out and about

Hi there folks!.
The last couple of days been out and about with the trusty hungry hound, people are always asking "what kind of dog is it?" and I say "It's a long haired Chihuahua cross Gannett" you know one of those big white birds that will eat anything and everything, well thats my boy!.
Thursday we went to Daisy Nook garden Centre and after a good look round decided that most of the stuff there looked like it was already to drop, so didn't buy anything but found out it was dog friendly and you could take the dog in on a lead!, sounds good for a further visit. The Cafe was doing a roaring trade as usual but as the soup of the day was Creamy Cauliflower gave that a miss Yuck!!.
As I came out there across the carpark was an "Eddie" don't know how I missed it going in, so it was out with the camera and a chat with the very pleasant driver.
 Part of the Biomass division, but not the posh white trailers you see on the TV program, driver said he was slimmer and better looking than Tim Fox on the telly program!.
 Nice open space for unloading, but I'll bet it was a struggle for him getting over the narrow bridge at the entrance 
Then it was round to the Daisy Nook Country park, and there you were thinking I was bias towards Etherow Country park!.
There is a nice free car park there, toilets and a nice little cafe where we had a bacon buttie and a drink before a nice walk.
And just as you thought you were getting away from boats there's one on the next corner, that's the cafe behind the Blue car.

Moorhen and young

Juvenile Moorhen

Preening lessons, keep those feathers nice and clean or you will sink like a stone, says the mother Coot.
That's the way to do it!!.

Took this picture for Son John, not for the lady fishers, which is unusual in itself but for the two Black Cockapoo's, as you can see the lady has them on a tight lead!, knowing the breed from John's, Jessie  they would be in the water  

This gives you an idea of the size of the place.
.........................
 Friday friend Marjorie, Pepe and I had a ride out to Derbyshire again, stopping at Buxton for a wander round the shops and generally taking in the air and the bargains at the Pound shops, I know how to give a girl a good time don't I?. 
Then on to Ashbourne for a look round and a bit of lunch, Marjorie loved it there with all  the quaint little shops and buildings
Then it was on to Carsington Water, a Trent Water authority reservoir that was built as a leisure centre as well and a very good job they made of it.
Admiring the view!.
I'm pleading the 5th amendment on who is admiring what view!.  

 Looking left 
  Looking right

There is a wildlife centre, where you can sit in a hide and watch the birds and waterfowl in a section of water away from the other activities like yachting canoeing and windsurfing. (been there done that in my younger days)

Been a tiring, eventful, but good day.
....................................................
An elderly man attended a school reunion but was dismayed to find out his surviving classmates only wanted to talk about their various ailments, heart conditions,liver complaints and kidney stones.
When he arrived home, his wife asked him how it went?.
"It wasn't so much a school reunion" he sighed "More like an organ recital!.

A london widow decided to make out her will and make her final requests.
She told her solicitor she wanted to be cremated and her ashes scattered over Selfridges.
Why selfridges?, asked the solicitor.
"Because", she replied "That way I can be sure my daughters will visit me twice a week!.

Boom Boom 
Its the way I tell em!.
................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment