Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 27 August 2010

The kit arrived

The kit for my Narrow Boat arrived in a long narrow box (of course it did,wouldn't fit into a short stubby one would it) It was well packed with plenty of recyclable newspaper to cushion it. After checking out the parts and plans was well pleased with the service and prompt response to my order. Was a bit disturbed about the instructions and A3 size plans but after studying them carefully I realised they would be alright, I'm used to Model Slipway kits with plans to scale check them out here so just wasn't expecting A3 size.
The fibre glass hull was near perfect and only needed a light rub down and rub the top edges in case the were any sharp bits, the rudder assembly and tiller arm are great and plywood parts well marked and spaced out for when the cutting starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment