Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 28 October 2022

Autumn in the parks, 28.10.22.

We like this time of year, not too hot for Pepe, but he's not too happy with all the leaves on the ground that wet his belly!.

All the colours in the parks really stand out at this time of year don't they.





This is one of my favourite views over the Debdale lower rezzer, looking over to the Pennines in the distance,  


On an earlier post I had posted this picture and my mate Bob said they were farms in the distance, but on a better day it shows them as some rocky crags, still not too clear due to the atmospherics but it's as good as I'm going to get I'm afraid.
They must be on an ordinance survey map and named, perhaps Bob will find them on his Ipad now!.   

Spot the heron.


There it is a bit nearer here.

A fluffy bummed Little Grebe in the distance too.


This is a young Great Crested Grebe, they are a little bit bigger than their small cousins.

A colourful pigeon amongst the everyday variety.

I think the Magpie's, recognize me and Pepe as they appear out of nowhere as soon as we get there, and sit there waiting to see if we have brought any monkey nuts.

Finished a new jigsaw today, was a Chinese one, I've had Chinese before, but this one was different in that the picture on the box was not the full picture, but at least there was a full picture poster in the box!.
The poster.

The finished puzzle and as you can see another unusual thing, an extra side piece which was confusing when as most people I start with the side pieces and couldn't get it right until I realised the extra piece!
Made it a bit different and a bit longer to do, think I might frame this one as it's nice and colourful, even if the colours aren't authentic
..........................................................................

When you go into court you are putting yourself in the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Whose idea was it to have a letter "S" in the word lisp?.
..........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment