Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 10 August 2022

Visit to SpecSavers, 10.8.22.

Been to SpecSavers inside Sainsbury’s (DENTON) today for my two yearly sight test, Better than Hyde branch as no parking fee!. 
The test was very good and my sight is exactly the same as last year!, which proves that plastic doesn't deteriorate with age!. 
Also had the added OCT test which was an extra £10, but worth it as it's like a full body scan of the eyes, which proved to be ok too, so was worth the money for the piece of mind, the young chap said he hoped his eyes would be as good at 84 years old, but as I said plastic lens don't deteriorate, perhaps I should leave them for recycling when I pop my clogs hey
Didn’t take Pepe out at all today, he is struggling with his thick coat.

Picture shows the way dogs lap their water!, the other is with his cool towel on yesterday at the park.

So if you thought they lapped with their tongue forward this shows its backward, that's if you didn't already know.


This youngster likes feeding the birds but only from a distance.
 The weather yesterday was very hot and muggy, sat here under the shade of the trees

I was surprised to see that the water level was down by about two feet from the day before, but asked some workers there and they said they had had it lowered so they could work on the overflow, thank goodness for that I thought, thinking hose pipe bans and all!.

The Swan family came to investigate too.

Junior doing well and nearly as big as Mum and Dad.

Young Robin just starting to get it's red breast.
The young Great Crested Grebes are getting as big as Mum and Dad too.


Look how big I am now!!

As you can see I'm trying to get off the cameras Auto settings.

That looks good on a very hot day.





Coal Tits in the nature centre.


Nuthatch in classic pose.

A new innovation in the nature centre is this Free little library, bring, borrow, share or swap

A lady and her daughter I spoke to on the day took our photograph with my camera, so you could see who is writing this drivel!
My favourite seat near to the bird feeders, it's in the shade too for Pepe.

Dunnock.

OHH Shit!

The story telling Centre complete with throne.

The Rose garden just inside the gates.

The outdoor table tennis table has had the base lengthened this week they must have seen some of the more serious players standing well back to play.


Back home more of the camera settings tried!, with this Magpie struggling with a feeder.

As you can see the berries are coming on well on my bushes, that's the food for the winter birds.

This young sparrow more interested with the peanuts.


....................................................




................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment