Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 22 July 2022

Day out after the heat wave, 20.7.22.

 We went out on Wednesday after the heatwave for the first time after three days confinement at home as it was too hot for Pepe with his thick coat.


It was still quite warm and muggy but with his cool blanket on he seemed to be alright!.

As you can see from the colour of the grass at the other end of the water we haven't had much rain, there again today (Friday) its not stopped raining all day, but that's England for you!.


The fish were all cruising near the surface, this one was about 14 ins long, not the Loch Ness Monster but you would still need a lot of chips with it!.


The Great Crested Grebes were out and about , I'd not seen them for a while, but found out where they had been hiding from the heat.

They seem to have split up, with one parent with one baby and the other parent with the other two.




Put your left leg out and shake it all about.

Perhaps this is mum being a bit more practical.

There were plenty of black headed Gulls about in various stages of growth. 



The Swan family are doing well and junior is quite big now, unfortunately it won't be long before the parents will be chasing it off to fend for itself.  


I'd read a few years ago that the humble house sparrow was on the decline, but that doesn't seem the case now as there are dozens of them in my garden this year!.



 Still got my Goldfinches with their babies that are all feeding themselves now.


Well only in the UK, three days of heat wave, everything shut down and today rain all day, still the gardens need it!.

........................................................




....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment