Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 6 July 2021

More Babies in the garden, 6.7.21.

 Today as it was threatening rain we decided to go to The Windmill carvery for lunch just to try it out for my friends, if you believe that you will believe anything!.

So after breakfast and a shower and shave, (don't like this new idea of beards) it was into the toy room to finish off the jigsaw my friends Bob & Joyce had bought me last week.

Disney's, The Villains.


Quite a challenge this one with all the small areas of colour

Then it was off to the Windmill.
After waiting at the entrance it was log in with the Covid 19 Appt on my phone then to be taken to a table where I was given my cutlery and my order taken. So with a drink brought over, I was then taken to the counter of the carvery where an old friend Maggie gave me a big beaming smile which made my day.  
The new system is that you just point out what you want and your plate is loaded up, and I mean loaded up!, I wouldn't have normally taken as much but I suppose they thought they were doing you a favour but it was a bit over facing for me, still I did my best and saved Pepe some roast beef.

It was a very nice change after all the lockdowns!.

Back home noticed this nice Male Chaffinch, don't see many of these in the garden, so perhaps word has got round that Pepe's place has a good table!.


This baby Goldfinch is waiting for its mother to feed it, but she wasn't around.

Might try it myself this green stuff isn't very tasty.

Oh well I might as well help myself!.

We have got lots of baby Sparrows and Starlings as seen here.

The Non Stop Begonias enjoyed the rain shower today


So it was another good day for me and the lad.

Got another couple of   bargain Jigsaws from Amazon delivered today so plenty to go at for a while.

...................................................

Books.

The typical scot by Titus Canbee.


The library thieves by  M T Shelves.

Entertaining with friends by Maude De Merryer. 


Know your letters by Alf A Bet.

..................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment