Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 26 February 2021

Sunshine in the park, 26.2.21.

 Today we had lunch at Mcdonalds drive-thru and sat in the park car park watching the world go by, well Gorton at least.

Lots of activity at the Hyde road project, the road is finished and open again after 12 months of agro and no doubt swearing from the motorists that live up in Hyde and all points east!.

There is still lots of activity with contractors  clearing up the works site and planting the borders with grass and shrubs, should look nice when its finished , not long now.

After our lunch it was on with the camera and into the park.

Plenty of spring flowers poking their heads up now.



My best picture of the day is this Long Tailed Tit.

If it wasn't for it's long tail it would qualify as the smallest bird in the UK.

But that goes to the Goldcrest .

Still it must qualify as the cutest!, unless you see them in person you can't believe how small they are.

Tend to gather in small flocks. 


There were a few Chaffinches about but didn't get a good picture of them today.



Plenty of these cheeky chaps about, very cute unless they get into your loft and start chewing your wiring!.


So a nice day was sunny and not too cold once the streets were aired.

..............................................................

When union bosses tell their children a bedtime story do they start

"Once upon a time and a half".

I could tell my parents hated me, my bath toys were a toaster and a radio.

I was so ugly when I was born the doctor slapped my mother!.

When I was younger I was named Friday, when my dad saw me he said "We will have to call it a day"

................................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment