Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 12 April 2019

Two first's for me.12.4.2019.

On Saturday we went to Reddish Vale and then realised it was the start of the school holidays and the place was heaving so after a walk round went to the community garden a haven of peace.
Pepe thinks so too, as he's usually petted to death by all the children.

In the large tree in the centre of the picture there was a nest box with this sparrow flitting in and out.

Then I got my first Coal Tit on one of the feeders.

I know most photographers like to get their pictures as natural as possible, but beggars can't be choosers hey.
Cute little things aren't they.

The Tearooms were packed out and not a seat in sight so it was off to McDonalds same there packed out!, so off home and sat down in the living room wondering what to have for dinner and upon looking out into the back garden saw my first Goldfinches feeding off the Niger feeder that's been there for months, couldn't believe my luck a second First in one day.
Dinner forgotten and camera out!



Beautiful birds aren't they.

So there you go, will have to start cleaning the windows now to get some better pictures.

Bought another Nigar Feeder and installed it in the community garden to see if we could get the Goldfinches that Daryll the Warden had seen at the back of his workshop to come over to the garden.

A bit of free education for you here from the notices in the community garden, 


Had a smile yesterday (Thursday) when this juvenile common gull spotted what he thought was an easy lunch, a pair of terror-pins.


How the hell do you get into these you can see him thinking.

"I saw this one move so I know its eatable, a tough crust on it though".

These Grey Wagtails are hard to snap as they never seem to stop wagging.

Mr Grebe seems to be keeping his mate well fed on the nest.

Plenty of these Canada geese about as usual, they are quite handsome close up though. 

Big Daddy, seems to have chased off all the competition and settled down with his mate near the nest.

Liked this one as you usually only see the front of them.
......................................................................


............................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment