Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 23 July 2019

Peregrine Falcons at Pear Mill Stockport, 21.7.2019.

This past Sunday had a trip to Pear mill again as last week only saw a bit of a tail on top of the very high chimney.

In the old days they didn't just throw things up in concrete, they gave them a bit of character as in the base of this chimney you can see the Pears.
Looking like some maintenance work being done at the moment, unless they have found another Fred Dibner, lets hope not.

A big pear on the corner of the building too.

This week I did better as I sat there and didn't get distracted by the Cafe and the Antiques dept
Outside the showrooms.

My patience paid of and there was this beautiful bird that had just finished it's lunch on a pigeon  


Though I'd missed the young brood and their fledgling it was still nice to see at least one of them. 

Perhaps now I know where the car park is and their nesting area I will get to them next time!.

I wondered what this Magpie was doing in the Falcons nest, thought it can't be housekeeping, then when I looked closer on the PC at home realised it was having a quick snack on the Falcons last kill, if it's not careful it will be dessert.

Then it was to the mobile catering wagon on Halfords car park for a bacon Buttie, before continuing on to Reddish vale to see other friends.
A quick cuppa and on to the lake (no I don't walk on water ) to the lake side where these cute little Mallards were.

Donald with Huey Dewey and Louie.

No wonder children like feeding them, problem is the kids don't realise bread is bad for them, there again chocolate is bad for us but we still eat it don't we!.


Can't beat a good shake after a diving session.

Henry the Heron wondering if he could manage a bit of Terror-Pin, think its too big even for him.


Aah well back to the posing.

From a previous post.

A young Robin before it get's its red breast.

A bit of a Do (do you remember that good TV program) this one is on this coming weekend, if last year is anything to go on it will be great again, lets hope the weather holds out for them!.

.................................................................................
Whats a polygon?
A dead parrot!.

Why do seagulls fly over the sea?
Because if they flew over the Bay they would be Bagels!.

A chicken crossing the road is Poultry in motion.

Why are woodpeckers smarter than Chickens?,
Ever heard of Kentucky fried Woodpecker?. 
...................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment