Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Saturday 21 December 2013

The ghost of week past.

Over the past week we (Marjorie and I) have not been out much as we have both been a bit off colour with coughs and colds, so I decided to take Pepe to Lyme Park in High Lane, Stockport.
One of our members a few weeks ago had been talking to the chap who was the events organiser there and had explained that we used to have a show there twice a year with our club, the chap was very interested and said the person who had been in charge who had stopped us going had now left and indicated he would like us to come back!, the member hadn't got the name or phone number of this chap!.
This was music to my ears as it was a beautiful venue and had a large audience to show off our models. 
So our new membership card for the National Trust clutched in my frozen little hand it was off to find this chap.
After asking around I finally ended up in the Estates Office in the big house and found out that the chap I wanted was in a meeting and there was no idea when it would end, I left my Club and Personal business cards and was told he would contact me, still as its very close to Christmas I suppose there is plenty for him to do on the estate at the moment, hopefully this will be the start of our club and the park getting together again as it's a beautiful venue and everyone loved it, us and public alike
Pepe looked quite at home sat on the big chair in the office there, looked like he owned the place!.
On the way out I took a few pictures, didn't think it would be all text did you!.
 The small lake near the toilets and cafe 

The cafe, has you can see everyone well wrapped up.

The shop

The timber yard, the door near the sign is for ramblers to sit and eat their butties out of the rain and cold


The entrance to the big house

Large statue in the lake behind the big house, was this where Mr Darcy fell in the film?

No Plastic collection boxes for these gutters

Christmas decorations

 In the courtyard
On the way out, took this one of the tower on the hill


And nearer, with the zoom of course, didn't get out of the car was frozen by then.
...............................
On my trips round the garden centres, acquired a nice Mother-in- laws tongue  plant, which I've had in the past and after reading up again find they are the easiest plants in the world to grow, we shall see!!.
At £4 you can't complain at that can you, re-potted and in a fancy container, in the porch, but brought it back in as it's too cold out there this weather, perhaps in the spring

Better there in the living room.

Lastly friend Bob said I should do bit more cooking and had this for my tea last night 

Cheese on toast with pepperoni,

Apple pie and custard, does this count as cooking??

He called it a gastronomic breakthrough, perhaps he thinks its better than the usual junk food and tin stuff, but be honest when was the last time you opened a tin and the stuff inside was bad!!.

A Merry Christmas to you all from Pepe and I.



And just to remind you what it's all about really!.

That's all for now folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment