Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 27 March 2012

No work, just relaxing

First a picture of Pepe in the garden at John's for Sunday dinner.
As you can see the current book we are reading is Clive Cussler's " The Jungle" plenty of action in it.
Yesterday, Monday saw us at Etherow, where we had a good walk up to the weir.

Mr & Mrs

Nice day Dear

The boss
I know I've posted pictures of the mandarins before, but I've never seen them out of the water before, must have been the quiet after the weekends crowds!


The weir and run off
We carried on to the top pump house 
As you can see no problem carrying Pepe's water bowl, its a lid of a coffee jar.
Then it was off again behind the Wardens house, to the path back to the cafe
Top path to visitors centre.
I'd heard that there were some other wood carving up there (besides the big owl at the front of the park) so we went to see, Velda had not been able to walk up there for the last couple of years.
Big acorns

And just so you can get the scale, Pepe likes peanuts but this is too big even for him!

Off the lead as there are not many people about, so it was back to the cafe for a bit of lunch and a drink!

This gives you an idea how high the top path is, looking down on the lakes.
Not bad for a 47 year old hey, OK so I'm dialectic as well! 


This beautiful tree was just a young sapling the first time we passed on our way to the lake and joined the Model Boat Club, many happy memories since then.

Then it was home and another coat of Red on the Narra Boat, well that isn't work is it, and put back the ornament on the fencing.
DVD's on plywood
Shines different colours when you move, even at night.
..................................................................................
If all the nations in the world are in debt, where did all the money go?

What do you call a dog with no legs?, 
It doesn't matter what you call him, he still won't come!

Teacher: give me a sentence with the words Defence, Defeat and Detail in it.
Pupil; When the horse jumps over defence, defeat go before detail.
........................................................................
That's all folks 

No comments:

Post a Comment