Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 6 May 2020

Lock down, 6.5.2020.

Still on lock down, so it was more jobs in the garden whilst the weather was so good.
First it was finish of the back gate which was looking a bit worse for wear.

What was on the plinth on the left did you say?. 
It was this lady that my wife had painted but it was a bit worse for wear so it was taken indoor to the work shop.

And there she is a bit brighter and a new coloured dress on.

I'd repainted this lady last week which as you can see was a bit faded.

That's a lot better isn't it.

Time for a rest and a brew with the lad, he was 11 last week and I'd bought him a new bed before the lock down luckily.

Another part of the garden was this Clematis which was circled with log rounds which were rotting away, they only say they are good for 10 years and it must be well over that.
The big lady is the next painting job on the list.

So with Pepe supervising, whipped out the log rolls and the weeds and as we can't get any new stuff it was a case of surrounding the plant with stones, it looks good enough to me so will forget the new log rolls!.

The clematis is "Josephine" by the way which I think is one of the best Clematis there is. 

The new Rainbows I'd made earlier in the week were put up, the new one is the bit smaller but you have to use what you have in stock whilst on lock down haven't you. still I got two out of the one piece so there is another one on the other side of the garden.
The plywood on the old one was splitting and it's not repairable, but can use the CD's again so not all wasted.

As you might see this rainbow is slightly smaller that the other one so it's only 7 CD's on whereas the other one has 8!.

"All this work is tiring me out" says Pepe.

An earlier project was this Auxillery Fire service vehicle or you might know it as a Green Goddess,
I was a leading fireman in the AFS but was shucked out when I joined the Ambulance service, you couldn't be in both and seeing the fire service was volunteering it was a no brainer!.
Was bought at the same time as my Tug Boat in the picture below and I got a good discount off for buying the two together, I do love a bargain!.
Will have to try and get some bedding plants to go in it, looks better with some succulents in it.

Both quite heavy as they are made of concrete.

So there you have it for another week in Lock down, running out of materials now, but still got the Big lady to go at, hope the paint doesn't run out!.
.........................................................................
...........................................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment