Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 28 April 2020

Lock down, 28.4.2020.

Another day in Lock Down so keeping busy and doing more jobs round the house so when we can go out again we will be able to do with a clear conscience knowing all the jobs done at home.
Went to Morrison's for the weekly shop and found that if I went at 11-30 there was only 3 in front of me and by the time I'd walked down the barrier lane that it was my turn to go in the store!.
On the way home I called at the McDonalds Car part, yes I know they are closed but the car park over looks the Hyde Road widening project and I got this phone picture of the progress without anyone near to me.
All the shuttering in place and it looks like they are adding the concrete topping whilst the digger is still removing the ground that is going to be the wider road way.
Then it was home to pick up Pepe and have a walk round the deserted
Debdale Park and just got home before the showers.

Back indoors I finished another two jigsaws seen here.
Had done one of these in the past, but the observant will see this one is the night edition.
 There is a light underneath that changes colour as you can see here.

This one was a bit on the dark side, I'd bought it by mistake from Amazon but instead of sending it back thought it would be a challenge, and it didn't disappoint me, it was!.

In the garage I've made a couple of Rainbows that I've made in the past, see below, but after about 10 years the plywood has started to split,
As you can see when the light hits it, the colours change with the light when you walk past it.

So I'd bought some more ply months ago to replace it.
These are a bit smaller because the wood I'd bought was smaller, so the rainbows are smaller though still eye catching.


Another job in progress is the back garden gate, took off the cladding on the outside I'd put on originally and took off the mirror frame so I can repair that, it makes the garden look bigger, can't go much further with this job until the shops open to buy some green fencing sealer.
That lady looks like she could do will a bit of attention too at some stage. 

Pepe nearly jumped out of his skin when he noticed himself in the mirror frame, and was barking like mad at himself, what a plonker!, he can't normally see himself when it's on the gate.
Was his birthday as well so perhaps he thought I'd bought him another dog!.
11 years old, that's 77 years in our years isn't it?. 
He's looking a lot more like the Long Haired Chihuahua he should be, with the groomer shut down same as a lot of other shops
Two old codgers together hey.

Another day done, but a bit better with a trip out.
.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment