Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 21 April 2020

Lockdown, 21.4.2020.

Went shopping again today to Morrisons at Reddish, a bit further than my local shop but worth the extra mile as Morrisons seem to be a better system as I found out last week.

Came home and finished off my dolphins,
This is how they looked before I started.


Then rubbed down and given a coat of Sand and sealer and the back given a coat of  brass spray paint that was laying round the garage.


So then decided to give the front a bit of a different colour style from the old one and here you are, done in my box room workshop, with acrylic paints I had at home from when my wife Velda used to paint her garden ornaments.
A bit of a trial first.


Then carry on with more colours.


Then it was out into the garage again to give the front and back a coat of acrylic varnish luckkily had in stock.


Don't look bad do they!.


Them noticed that the other dolphins on the end wall of the garage were looking a bit flaky, so it was out with the sand paper again.


An assortment of colours again


So that was the garden sorted and a bit more colourful.


As the weather has been so good and no rain for weeks I bought this hose reel from Amazon as it was half price at £22.99 instead for £45.99 and I do love a bargain!.
Tried it out today watering the garden and when I went back indoors the cupboard under the sink  unit was flooded, I found out it wasn't the hose reel unit at fault but the fitting on the tap under the sink had a perished O ring, luckily the hose reel set had a new fitting to replace the old one, at least the cupboard under the sink is clean now!.







This bit of information was on the back of the box, I bet you always wanted to know this.



............................................................................................

Can't we go to the Vale yet Dad.
The pot one is nearly as big as Pepe!.

........................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment