Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 3 April 2020

Looking back at the last years pix's, 3.4.2020.

As we can't go out at the present time, I've posted a few of last years pictures on the website I am a member of at Reddish Vale Nature photography.
It will give you an idea of some of the nature and wild life on my doorstep and you will be able to see why I'm getting withdrawal symptoms.


You will be able to hear these Ring necked Parakeets before you see them in the summer with the trees leaves a similar colour.

You can entice them out into the open though with a few peanuts.

Always a few Herons about, this one having a frog for lunch.

This male Great Crested Grebe was a bit ambitious with his catch for one of his babies, it was never going to swallow that, eventually swallowed it his self. 


Mr & Mrs Mandarin Duck, the male is the very colourful one, though she is quite colourful in her own way isn't she.

This is a male Shoveler duck, as you can see its beak is the clue to it's name, as it sifts though the muddy water with its beak, you can just see the filters inside its beak.

These are Male and female goosanders, that's the male with the Greenish head and the females with the rust coloured heads.
The caption I came up with was,
"I thought you were seeing another woman you dirty rat". 

We there you have it, when you can finally get out, why not have a wander down to the Vale if you are in the area, nice volunteer staff in the Info Centre/Cafe and just the place for a chat with friends, also very nice new toilets.

That open notice isn't right at the moment!


Inside the information centre, Tea, Coffee and snacks and also Books,Video's to give a  donation for. 

Well that's it for another day.

Vera Lynn's hit of  WW11 will be relevant now hey.

We'll meet again, 
Don't know where don't know when.
But we'll meet again .
Some sunny day.

Stay safe everyone.

...................................................................................


Saw this in a pub on one of our trips to Cornwall years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment