Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 8 April 2020

Another day in lock down,8.4.2020.

Another day in lock down, but its not too bad with the sun shining and a garden to sit in, can't imagine what it must be like for people in high rise flats!.
My Venus Fly trap that my friends Bob and Joyce bought me last year has produced another long stem with with a flower on, that's the second one this year up to now. 
  
On the same kitchen sill I have a Wax plant, and that is flowering for the 5th year, the picture doesn't do it justice really. 

Outside in the garden, I was horrified to see a cat swinging off my bird feeder!,

So it was out with a hammer and chisel and made a hole further out from the fence. 
The two Coteneaster plants, one red and the other yellow have started to grow again, they have done the birds well over the winter, that was the idea when I bought them last year.
The bird bath on the table there is well used by the birds, so a good buy for a couple of quid, think it was a tray for a big pot really but a good bath for the birds.
The logs there need replacing as they've been there about 10 years so passed their sell by date , but will have to wait until the garden centres open again.

My Goldfinches are eating well, perhaps we are going to get the patter of tiny claws again this year.

So colourful hey.
Taken though the double glazing.


They love the Sun Flower hearts.

Plenty of wood pigeons about.

Also plenty of Starlings.

Quite colourful when close up.

In next doors tree.

Where's the grub Pepe.


Lastly I saw on the Pear Mill website, that they have finally got the camera trained on the peregrine Falcons connected but not yet online though.
Here are a couple of pictures they posted on their website this week.

A pair of Peregrines with their eggs.
 
 4 eggs in the nest, quite safe as they are about 100 foot up in their nest

Took this picture last year, didn't realise what this magpie was doing in the Peregines nest until I got home on the PC, taking a chance and finishing the Falcons Pigeon dinner!.

........................................................................................

Pepe's thought of the day.


..........................................................................................................

Stay Safe, 
....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment