Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Thursday 21 May 2020

Eased Lock Down, 21.5.2020.

Yesterday , 20.5.2020, we went to Oldham for Pepe's wash and trim which was a god send as he had missed the last one 6 weeks ago with the groomer closed with the government restrictions.
So whilst he was being pampered I was down at the Cafe I usually go to where it was open but one had to queue outside and the girls came out to get your order and you queued on the side and they brought it out to you, So it was two meat and potato pies, two sausage rolls, half a dozen baps and a bacon sarnie!, and very nice too all of it, Not all at once mind you!.
On his steps I knocked up for him.
 

This hot weather Pepe, alternates between the furry blanket and the blue cool blanket all night long on his own chair.

Today I went to Home Bargains at the Snipe, for essential shopping, Bird Food and Fat Balls!, essential for my garden birds!, got some shopping for myself of course.
Well organised there as well, so well done Home Bargains!.
Spent the rest of the day in the garden with my camera at the ready.

"Pepe's dad is late with the seed today Ethel" 
 

Plenty of these Wood Pigeons about.

The starlings have had babies and are busy feeding them, suppose they will be glad when they can feed themselves.


Get this down your neck.

Baby Starling squawking for his supper. 

And another.

Making good use of the water dish for drinking and bathing.

Taken from indoors, must clean the windows!, and refill the water dish.

Goldfinches haven't shown any babies yet, perhaps they've not fledged yet, fingers crossed.

Tucking into the Sunflower hearts.

Had a nice surprise as well today as the eldest Grand Daughter and her hubby gave me a video call, she is a school teacher but is in lock down because of asthma, but still working from home.

Was thinking of going to Reddish Vale tomorrow, BUT is it worth it with people not doing social distancing, another few days would be prudent perhaps, specially with Bank Holiday weekend coming up!.
Perhaps a quick trip early round the Debdale reservoirs to see if there are any new arrivals?. 
..................................................................................
Did you hear about the dyslexic devil worshiper who sold his soul to Santa.
and
The atheist dyslexic who didn't believe there was a dog.
....................................................
Till the next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment