Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 19 May 2020

Eased Lockdown, 19.5.2020.

Been out with the camera for the first time since the Lock Down, we went down to Reddish Vale, where else did you say!, we were getting withdrawal symptoms.
So it was a packed lunch for me and Pepe into my Rucksack seat as the Cafe's are still closed.
So we could sit out in the sunshine on our own and not feel threatened by some of the inconsiderate people that didn't seem to realize or were not bothered by the social distancing.

In the community Garden, where we met a young lady photographer called Wendi-Anne, she hadn't seen much of the Vale so we walked round and showed her some of the places she hadn't been too, keeping our distance of course!.

We were lucky to see the new arrivals on the top mill pond, six new cygnets.




Was also luck to spot this Little Grebe and their nest with one egg in it.
I'm not asleep, got my eye on you!.

Mother and baby Coot

Won't be long kids, Dad is just seeing this cyclist off

The Mandarins have been having a bit of hanky panky too!, so hopefully will be having a few chicks there, usually they have about 12-14.

Beautiful aren't they, so colourful!.

Back home in the garden this blackbird enjoying a bit of pear.

Pigeons more into seed.

Plenty of starlings around 

My goldfinch families are doing well and hope to see some youngsters soon.

Enjoying the Sunflower seeds.

To keep busy and stop going round the bend did a bit of micro gardening.
Had bought this bowl a few years ago (£8) and planted it with mini cacti and I'd been a bit too mean with the watering, worried about over watering and I noticed that one of them had died, so I took it out and replanted another small one in its place.
The new one is the tall one on the left, so with a bit more fresh cactus compost and new chippings on top it was finished.
How do you do it CAREFULLY!.
 

Top view so you can see the others a bit better, they were all only about an inch tall when first done, out of mini packs of three for a couple of quid.



My clematis "Josephine" is doing well again this year. 
That center part keeps opening & opening.

Till you get it looking something like this!.

Hyde Road widening project is going well, suppose the lack of traffic has helped them, so at least the lock down as helped them.

Latest Jig saw done, one bought for me by my good friends Bob & his good lady Joyce.

Quite a hard one to do with a lot of similar colours, but it takes your mind off things doesn't it.
..........................................................................

Remember.



...............................................................................

Till the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment