Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 27 May 2020

Babies, babies everywhere. 27.5.2020.

Had a few hours down Reddish vale today and there were Babies everywhere.

Got myself some of these snoods, six in a pack with different colours and patterns, from good old Amazon.

Had six Cygnets but today there were only five!.

Doing a bit of diving training.

This baby seems to have got the hang of it but not quite a 10 yet.

This is the only Coot baby to survive in her brood.



The Squirrels seem to enjoy the apples I take.

Some of the terrapins were out today sunning themselves.

On arriving home found the fat ball feeders all empty and no wonder the Sparrows and Starlings are doing very well with their babies!.
Here are young Starlings,Sparrows and Goldfinches tucking in to the feeders.

The baby sparrow nearly as big as the adult goldfinch.
.

Young sparrow.

Adult Goldfinch.

Got a lot of babies to feed.

What you looking it!.

And to my surprise the baby Goldfinches had turned up today

As you can see they have the yellow on their wings, so you can't mistake them for baby sparrows,but not got their red faces yet, "they haven't been embarrassed yet" did you say, No they don't get their lovely red face until their first moult!. 

Not feeding themselves yet, so mum and dad being kept busy.

................................................................................
Stay Safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment