Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Sunday 10 May 2020

Lock down, 10.5.2020.

Well it's another lock down day, but getting more used to it now.
I'd said in the last post that the last lady in my garden to repaint was a big one and though it's made of resin it is still quite heavy, unless it's me getting weak in my old age!.
But I managed to give her a bath and after drying her off she didn't look too bad after about 10 years in the garden in all the weather we seem to get in the UK. A light rubbing down with some fine sandpaper in the garage to provide a key to the new paper and it was a careful climb up the stairs to the workroom, the last thing you need these days is a trip to A&E isn't it!.
It was a case of what colour I had available for this big girl!, and the only chance was some bronze but that was iffy, so it was two coats on her front for a good coverage and then round to the back and even managed two coats there!, amazing how far a bottle of acrylic paint will go.
Then afterwards it was another careful trip down the stairs and into the garage for a coat of acrylic gross varnish to seal the paint for another 10 years hopefully!.

So here she is a before and after look.

The ducks were glad to see her back, notice I made sure that I  hit the right key on the keyboard, one of my friends mentioning the ducks hit the wrong key for Ducks which was a bit of an embarrassment.(you work it out). 

Still waiting for the builders to open to get some more log rolls to replace that in the front there, also some sand and cement then I can get a grip of them weeds and re point the flagstones, its the bird seed!.

So a nice view again from the living room window

Sunday dinner today was a frozen dinner from Morrison's, quite nice but not a patch on my Daughter-in-laws Sunday dinners!. 

As I seem to spend a lot of my time in the Stockport area these days (before Lock down that is) I saw this on a web site and thought what a good idea, hope other councils might follow suit!.

......................................................................................................
Bet there are a lot of fathers thinking this.

Well there you have it for another post, look in again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment