Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Thursday 18 July 2019

Trip to The Kingfisher Pub Greenfield. 18.7.2019.

Today saw Pepe and I out on a trip to the Kingfisher Pub in Greenfield, where we had called in months ago but was being refurbished and wasn't open until the next day!.
A friend of mine had been told that it was now in full swing and was DOG Friendly!, so I went to tsee for myself if the information was correct, and it was.
We were early and saw members of the management outside having a last smoke before the rush and they confirmed that there was a section inside that was ok to go in with your dog.
We said we would have a walk along the canal to work up appetite and here are a few picture along the way.
At the rear is a nice narrow boat marina, and at the side of that is a Tesco store.



This boater has the same interest in cacti as me.

Fancy swing bridge to get into the marina.

The canal walk towards Uppermill.

Lock gates though the arch.

Quite a deep lock this one.

The only baby duck seen on the day.

A cute little thing, kept diving for the seed that was sinking, just like the saying , 
Ducking and Diving.

Another tunnel which we found went under the road in Uppermill.


And there we were in Uppermill

Nice bench

Some more men in sheds, just like those at Reddish Vale.

A local celebrity, Ammon Wrigley, Poet and Historian.


Saddleworth Museum and Galley.

Narrow boat used for trip up the canal at weekends.

Jackdaw.

Path back to the grub!, that fencing reminded me of my time as a volunteer at the Donkey Sanctuary behind Debdale park, where the handyman and myself did fencing like this for the donkey paddocks.  

The doggie area in the pub.

Pepe on the chair under the poster for two Sunday Roasts for £12.

This lady gave Pepe some chicken that was for her dog.

Some of the menu.

I had the Fish & Chips and it was lovely.

Outside at the side of the canal, I held the ladies dog whilst she went for a drink and the loo's, then she did the same for me.

Large car park.

On the way I'd called at my favourite Charity shop Barnardo's in Ashton and got a book and an unusual jigsaw puzzle, that looks like another challenge!.
I went to the Newbank Garden Centre in Uppermill and got the plant and though the cafe will allow dogs in the front I was already full after the pub.

As soon as I got home repotted the plant in a pot I had spare before I sat down and fell asleep which I intend to do after a meal at  dinner time, its an age thing you know.

It was a nice change to go somewhere different, and the weather helps doesn't it.
............................................................................................

A couple of parrots are sat on a perch, One says to the other "Can you smell fish?. 

What do you call a woodpecker with no beak?.
A Headbanger!.
..........................................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment