Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 9 July 2019

Sunday, down the Vale, 7.7.2019.

Had a nice day down at Reddish Vale Country Park on Sunday with weather sunny and not too hot, Pepe and I don't like too hot.
Bottom Lake 


No, Not the Everglades, the top lake full of Algae.
Spot the Heron!.



Not many birds about think they must have been having an afternoon nap.
You've hear of the saying
Only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the mid-day sun.
Didn't seem to bother these two crows though


The great Crested grebes were out in full plumage and strutting their stuff.
Oh No not more Grebes!




Then of the only two babies I saw, the smaller one came over to the mum (I think it was) and she promptly set about it


I think the babies had been given their matching orders and this baby didn't want to go yet.





I thought it was going to get drown!, but didn't give up and kept getting it's neck bitten, wouldn't like that sharp beak round the back of my neck. 

Still its nature isn't it, perhaps the parents wanted to get in a second brood whilst the weather was picking up.
Might see the mating dance soon then.

We had another trip to Roaches Lock with the other dog walkers on Monday 8.7.2019, nice day out and nice company and walk on the canal paths.

Had a couple of pictures at Daisy Nook Park Cafe today, 9.7.2019 as well.
A juvenile Robin. 


And a nice Jay. 


...........................................................................

A pair of clowns.
Duckie and Bob.


That's all for today guys.
Watch this space.
............................................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment