Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 17 July 2019

The past few days, 11-17.7.2019.

Visited Daisy Nook Country Park and Reddish Vale Country park over the past few days, had lunch in the tearooms, correction on that Outside the tearooms, as they are not that dog friendly!.
On Sunday (14.7.2019) had a trip to Pear Mill in Stockport to see if I could snap the Peregrine Falcons, but all I could see was a tail, then a head whilst one of them was preening itself.
It was on top of the very high factory chimney, one that Fred Dibner missed, a good thing for the Peregrines and us with the opportunity to snap them, alas not for me on the day, should have gone last week when the babies were fledging, still hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it.
Did find the Antique shop and dog friendly, wonderful to see so much stuff for sale under one roof.
The was a very nice cafe inside where I was invited to go in with Pepe my little hound, he was even given a saucer of boiled ham while I had the biggest toasted teacake I've even seen and a coffee in a cup and saucer with a fancy paper doilie so it wasn't a completely wasted day, shot off to reddish Vale afterwards.
Young Heron on Sunnyside pool.


Was it something I said?.
Brings to mind Ken Dodds joke about the inventor of Cats Eyes?.

Do you remember this guy, nice memorial to him at Sunnyside Pool



A baby Wren, not much bigger than a bumble bee!

The three young Great Crested Grebes are doing well, perhaps too well with Dad fishing for fish as big as this one.
Open wide!!

Forthcoming event.
At Daisy Nook Cafe this week met with a few of the regulars and put the world to rights again.

Whilst sat there got some good pictures of the local Jays and their babies being fed.



Babies seem pinker than the parents.

Young Robin before it gets its red breast.

This one just starting to get its classic red breast.

My Goldfinches are still doing well in my garden on the new Niger seed feeder, taken though the vertical blinds and dirty window, still they are very shy and clear off as soon as I sit in the garden.

Sitting on the fence, beautiful birds, think they are my favourite!.

A baby that looks like a sparrow but for its yellow wing flashes, gets its red face after its first moult I've read on the internet, is there anything you can't find on-line, not been disappointed yet.

Would have missed the partial eclipse of the moon last night if it hadn't been for my mate Bob reminding me.
As it was I had to go out into the street with my camera as the conifer trees at the back were hiding it, perhaps the neighbours think I've finally gone senile hey!.
 This one taken as soon as it went dark.

This one half an hour later, seemed to be a bit of strange light to it as not as clear as my previous snaps.

This one taken earlier in the week and seems to have more detail to it.


Well enough for now, who was it said "leave them wanting more"?.
..............................................................................

Found this in a pub in Cornwall a few years ago.
 

................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment