Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 25 October 2023

Wednesday, 25.10.23.

Tuesday, I had a walk round the Lower Mill pond at Reddish Vale Park, it was quite quiet as the weather was a bit iffy!.

The birds were glad to see me, or my seed/monkey nuts  I should say.


Did I see something moving there?.

Some of the signage in the park, but you won't see any of these now it's autumn. 

Then it was off to Morrison's for my lunch, but OMG the young lady as soon as she saw me said "No Fish today!!", that's a first!.
so it was a Small all day breakfast for me.
Now you can't complain about that can you, £4.50, I didn't eat all that, the sausage and bacon rind was brought home for the local cats.

Pigs note that a large breakfast is double everything there at £7.00!.

Wednesday
 Nice mild sunny day today in Manchester, so it was off to Gorton Lower reservoir, which is just across the road from me.

Mum and Dad finally got rid off the kids.


Male and female tufted ducks.


Plenty of Coots about today, they were even tugging at my trousers as I wasn't feeding them fast enough.

Large flocks of Canadian geese of course, they are everywhere. 


Male pigeon strutting his stuff, the weather never seems to put them off does it. 

Magpie with a monkey nut.

 Another one trying for three at once.

  

Then it was off to The Windmill where the "dog walkers group" who haven't got a dog between them, had booked a meal with 25% off vouchers.

Very nice too with Coffees to follow.

I'd bought a drink and was checking my change when the young lady said "Have I given you the wrong change", "No I said, just checking for any King Charles coins". she then checked all the tills and her handbag and came up with nothing, but then came to the table later with a King Charles 50p of his coronation which was nice of her wasn't it!.

There you have it if you haven't seen one, his head is facing to the left, opposite way to the late Queens, as different monarchs do.  

 So a good sunny, calm, enjoyable day.

................................................

Friend sent me this, as it reminded him of me  before my new hearing aids, I used to use this joke.




...................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment