Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 11 October 2023

Tuesday Down Reddish Vale Park. 10.10.23.

 For a change, it was a nice sunny day down the vale, pity it wasn't like that for my visitors from Oz to see it at it's best!.

The three cygnets are all doing well!.


In the middle of the lower mill pond there were four cormorants on the day. 

A close up of three of them, with this first one a youngster.



There was another one lower down the pond, that had been fishing, so sat there drying out.

A male and female tufted duck.


 There are a few herons about on the top mill pond.

A juvenile heron on the lower mill pond. 

Juvenile Little Grebe on lower mill pond. 

Plenty of activity it the top of the Top Mill pond, especially when I put out seed and monkey nuts.  

One Monkey nut!.

He's doing better than that with three!.

Crow says "You stand on them to break into them".

This little fellow can only manage one nut, not that it hadn't tried for more.

The weather was so nice I decided to go over to Sunnyside pond and sat there soaking up some rays with a few friends chatting and spotted this great Tit.

A Nuthatch.

Another heron there too fishing, how it sees any food though all that duck weed I'm not sure, unless its getting midges feeding on the duck weed!. 

So it was a good day, though my sister was flying out from London to Singapore for a few days stop over on the way home.

I stopped over at Morrison's for Mini fish & chips on the way home. 


.................................................................

Definitions.

Out of bounds, an exhausted kangaroo.

MC, a man who introduces people who need no introduction.

Oyster, a large crane.

Margin, mothers ruin.

Middle age, when you have a choice between two temptations and you choose the one that get's you home the earliest.

..............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment