Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 6 October 2023

Today at Reddish Vale Park, 6.10.23.

 Today though it was drizzling, decided to go to Reddish Vale in my Camo coat in the hope that by the time I got there it would have eased off.

As you can see it did, but still looked as though it could start again at any minute.


Stood on this bridge across the run off to the river and friend of mine Keith was there and mentioned that there was a dipper on the slope!.

After a chat with him, there appeared the dipper, it was very rough on the river so it must have decided to use the run off for its meal.

Can't see it!, I'll zoom in a bit.

Here it is stood on the edge of the run off and you can see the river is quite rough

What beautiful little bird, it wasn't bothered about me being there only about 10 feet away.


Why go looking for food when it comes to you in the run off.



It was a first for me with a photograph though I'd seen them years ago before I was into photograghy.
The four Little grebes born this year have moved to the lower mill pond.



My friend Jean had given me four bags of peanuts, she found in her car when she changed it.
These crows loved them, don't have work to break into them.


How many can you carry at once?.

Still had the ones in shells though.

Getting his share.

One of the young Herons.

Still three Cormorants there on the lower mill pond.



One on the upper mill pond too.

The three cygnets are still hanging on and not taking the hint off the parents that they should find a place of their own.

This notice at the end of the upper mill pond walk, though taking photos you don't walk briskly do you!.

So really nice day and finished up with fish and chips at Morrison's.
...............................................

A couple parrots are sat on a perch.
One says to the other can you smell fish?.

His wife tried a mud pack to make herself more attractive,
It worked for a while, then it fell off!.
........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment