Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 17 October 2023

Tuesday,17.10.23.

 Been a quiet week for me since the last post, had my flu jab at the chemist and my Covid jab is due on Thursday at the doctors who are doing them again like the last time at the Festive Hall in Denton. Most of my friends have had theirs with mixed results, some ok and others feeling under the weather. Still it must be better than getting the virus hey!.

We went to Portland Basin on Saturday and saw these dogs puzzled by the ducks with no smell.

Nice picture in the café.


Signage on the canal.


If anyone is wondering what's being built on the site behind McDonalds in Gorton, that the constructors used to build the new bridge over Hyde road a few years back.

There you have it, it was on the News a few weeks back that the charging points in the London area was 18 to 1 car and in the northwest it was 85 to 1, so perhaps this is to help level us up!.

At Reddish Vale today it was very evident that winter is on the way, but it was a nice sunny day though a nip in the air. 
Had a chat today with a nice young lady Rachel with her little daughter Robin, the young girl was very interested in the wildlife, nice to meet a youngster with an interest in nature. 


The same cormorants from my last post were still there.

Was there movement there?.



Quite a few Gadwall's on the lower mill pond 


A few herons on the ground and in the trees.



I'm not fishing honest, I don't eat fish, unless I can steal it from someone else that is!.

Blackbird enjoying some seed.

Then off to Morrison's for my weekly fix of Fish and Chips, I only order a mini one as I can't manage a standard one, then the waitress comes up and says, "you've got extra today", oh god how can I get though this without seeming ungrateful!.  


..................................................................

What's the definition of macho?,
Jogging home after a vasectomy.


I'm saving for a rainy day, so far I've got a sou'wester, two mackintoshes and a canoe!.

Always keep your words soft and sweet- just in case you have to eat them!.
...................

No comments:

Post a Comment