Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 10 October 2023

Visitors from OZ. 1st-4th October 2023.

 On the 1st Of October 2023, my sister and her hubby arrived in Southampton after a cruise from Australia, they like to see as many countries as possible on their way. 

Having met them at Stockport station I took they to their hotel and after they got settled in we went for a meal at the Stable Gate in Denton, I've not been there for ages as their two for one offers aren't much good when your on your own, you have to pay full price!. The menu has changed a lot too, lots of foreign stuff which suited my Sister anyway, but not for me.

Monday we went to Pear Mill as they wanted to see where I'd been posting about all these years, then it was a quick visit to Reddish Vale park, has after a rest and a brush up in the hotel it was off to Oldham to my son's for tea and meet the youngsters of the family.  

Not bad for a couple of 80 and 85years oldies dragged up in Moss Side hey


Tuesday it was raining again, so I took them to Portland Basin museum to get out of the rain and thought it was going to be a drag for them, but to my surprise I had to drag them away to get Sis to Morrisons café as she had to take her meals to suit her medication times.
We all had Mini Fish and chips, which they enjoyed, suppose its a change from cruise ship menus!.
Wednesday when they should have been catching a train to Nottingham the trains were on strike which I thought would be a problem, they just phoned for a Uber taxi and went with that!, seems its quite normal in Australia!, £130 seems a lot but not as much as another night in the hotel I suppose.
They did say that there are lots of electric cars in Oz but only in the towns and cities of course!.  
From Nottingham to London this week they had seats, whereas on the way from Southampton to Stockport they'd had to stand most of the way. 
Today they flew from London to Singapore, no doubt for more sightseeing!.
So it was a nice visit but was all to short and never stopped raining, still we are used to it being Mancunians aren't we.
...........................................................


If you look like your passport photograph you probably need the holiday!.

Cruise passenger to Purser;
"I wish to complain, I just went in to my cabin to find a common seaman using my shower".
Purser; "Who did you expect in second class, the Captain!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment