Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 13 March 2023

This weekend, 10.3.23.

 Been a cold wet weekend for me, friends were on a mystery  coach trip, which turned out to be to Llandudno, and with the snow and wet you wouldn't want it to be any further would you!.

Friday I went to Reddish Vale Park, though I think I was the only one there as it had been a thin covering of snow earlier and others might have thought it would return later.

Plenty of daffs out even though it was very cold.


The squirrels never let you down, always ready for a few nuts.


Nice little Dunnock, this part is raised off the ground so they are quite easy to see, even though they are ground feeders.  


A blackbird in the trees.

Saturday it was slightly warmer and it was off to McDonald's for lunch in the carpark at Debdale park, which is only across the road from me, just in case the weather turns again.
As you can see that's snow on the Pennines in the distance

Everywhere is in bud, even the plants don't know where they are with the weather.

The cormorants make you feel cold, keep diving under the water and coming out spreading their wings to dry out


The nuts for the Magpies were very welcome, the Magpie here trying to find somewhere to hide their nuts before the squirrels see them. 

Poor Junior on the ressers can't understand why mum and dad keep chasing him away, looks quite sad or is that my overactive imagination, he will have to watch out or they will get really mad at him/her. 

The parents will be looking for a nest site soon.

Then it was off to see my mate Bob to make sure he was alright, a nice hot drink and a chat about old times and trips out with our model boats. 
Nice dinner at Sainsburys on Sunday, the gypsies in their caravans had descended on the carpark in the week but they were all gone by Sunday which was a relief.
Today, Monday as my friends wouldn't be back till later in the day from their coach trip, I had a table to myself at Pear Mill, still the staff are very friendly and chatty.
Ever get that feeling someone is watching you?.
So not a bad weekend again, you have to make it work for you don't you, can't understand all these people these days that seem to have jumped on the Mental health wagon!, there is always someone out there worse off than yourself isn't there!.
...............................................................



What's the difference between a Scotsman and a canoe?,
A canoe tips occasionally!.

What's the difference between a Scotsman and a coconut?,
you can get a drink out of a coconut!.
 .....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment