Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 6 March 2023

First weekend in March, 6.3.23.

 It's been a good weekend for me, also the bookies I guess when you see some of the surprise sports results, ie Man Utd loss 7-0, the Women's football, Chelsea lost, and on the darts, Van Gurwen the favourite lost to a 62 year old unknown!, so not everyone's weekend!.

Friday I went to Reddish Vale country park and had a first for me with a Male Bullfinch.


And a female bullfinch.

 Have to thank a friend David for the location.

Lovely birds.

Also the female Kingfisher again.


Blackbird.


Robin.

Blue Tit.

Great Tits.


Nuthatch.

Plenty of these greedy little devils about too.

So that's a site I will be returning too, soon as!.

Then it was off to Sainsburys for dinner.

Nice staff and nicely presented meal.


Then it was home to finish the current project.

A model treasure box, Ugears again the firm from Ukraine!.


What's in the kit?, 5 boards and the instructions.


At one stage I could have done with another set of hands with all the gears and cogs, but the little clamps from my boat building came in very handy.


Five stages to open the box and five stages to close it!.

Saturday it was too wet to go out but managed to go to Sainsburys again for dinner, Ham eggs and chips.

Then it was Sunday and I usually stay in as there are too many people about, so no birds really, but I don't mind as the workers after Saturday shopping flock to the parks with the children.

So it was a home cooked meal if you can call a frozen meal home cooked.

Sweet and Sour Chicken and Egg fried rice, one of my favourite meals


Who remembers those knives and forks?, you used to get them from the petrol stations free when you bought so much petrol, not like these days when you get screwed with the price!.

There was also tigers tails you got to put on the petrol caps to say you had a tiger in your tank!.

It's march again but the forecast for the next few days isn't too good with -6 forecast for tomorrow night, out with the hot water bottles Bob!.

................................................................


Ever wonder about those people who pay a fortune for those little bottles of  Evian water.

Try spelling it backwards...

When you think about it, its dearer than petrol at £1 a bottle!!.

..................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment