Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 1 March 2023

1st of March 2023.

 1st of March already, where did February go?. 

Even though it was drizzling this morning, thought it would be stopped by the time I got out and down to Reddish Vale park, not been for a while as it's been too cold to be sat round with my camera.

Spring seems to have sprung in the park with plenty of bulbs sprouting up.



This Moorhen is getting her nest ready on Sunnyside pond.


Someone has hung some feeders up behind the seats at Sunnyside and the Long Tailed Tits were enjoying the fat balls in them.
What cute little buddle's of fluff.

There was also some Mandarin Ducks on the pond as well!.
There were four males and one female.





All fighting for this ladies affections.




 Then all of a sudden a flash of bright iridescent blue and there was a female kingfisher!.
She flew across the pond and settled on one of the islands in the middle of the pond and sat there for quite  while.  

You can tell its a female has the bottom of her beak is orange, males beaks are all black!. 

So it turned out to be a really good day, rounded off with Fish and Chips with mushy peas at Morrisons!.
I've been getting a bit mixed up with all the USB cables round the house lately and a friend told me about these tabs from Amazon.
£5.99 for 50!, what do you need 50 for you might ask, well I started to fix them on all my leads and I've used 15 so far and not finished yet, some I have to put my thinking cap on to remember what they are for, it will come to me no doubt when I want to charge some thing up.
Velcro and you write on them what they are for.

Treated myself to a new Vac last week, the old Dyson was getting a bit passed its sell by date, so I thought I would try something different this time, the |Dysons are getting too dear these days, don't know where they get their prices from, saw a hair dyer of theirs the other day £500+, makes you glad you don't have much hair.
Bought a Shark! with all the attachments.
The carpets look like new now, got some real suction on these vacs!.
Free standing too.


The old Dyson was charged on the wall with this device.

The wall repaired and not looking bad though I say so myself!.

Bought a pair of led lights too as the single led bulb that replaced the old Neon strip light whilst very bright, I found I was in my own light so one of these led strip lights cured that.
They are rechargeable though a USB cable, are motion sensed or ON or Off.
This idea swings into place at night.

They are good for display as well!.


So been a good day all round, I  might sleep a bit better tonight as well, after the fresh air and the Vacing.
.................................................

A critic is a legless man who teaches running.

He joined the Foreign Legion to forget his wife, Unfortunately the sergeant major  looked just like her!.

He took two marriage vows,
Silence and Poverty!.
...................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment