Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 29 April 2024

Weekend, 26th-29th.4.2024.

 Friday just had to go over to the reservoirs to see how the grebes and their babies were getting on, and of course the Heart_ Mural, but no change there.

The weather hadn't got any better though it was slightly warmer.

The youngsters were enjoying themselves on the water, just wish they would stay away from the banks where the birds nests were.


The grebe babies were playing out on the water.



You had better get off fishing again dear, the babies will be wanting dinner soon.

I saw the dad giving a baby a small fluffy feather and had wondered about that, but a while back on TV it mentioned that it helped the babies digestion, so there you are.  


These guys are a bit of a pest, but they have to eat too don't they, stop feeding they with free handouts and they go somewhere else, hint for Rishi!!.


These magpies love the peanuts, dashing back and forth hiding them and back to see if there are any left. 

Stayed in on Sunday and did some overdue housework.

Monday it was off to get my Spring Covid jab that had been requested by the surgery for the over 75s
Got there early as my shopping at Lidl didn't take as long as I'd thought, but they let me in at the Festival hall in Denton as they weren't too busy and had a chat with the young lady who was going to jab me, turns out she was an ex-paramedic of 17years experience so the jab was ok and no problems, problems will be tonight sleeping on that side, still it's better than the alternative isn't it!.
After a chat with my mate Bob outside with his daughter who had brought him for his jab, he kept slapping me on my arm while he was talking and his daughter said, I hope that's not the arm he's had his jab in?, it was actually!.
So it was off to Gorton Reservoirs again to see the Grebes, and got some nice pictures of dad feeding them.
Weather no better!.

 When's dad bringing dinner mum?.


 Have a nap he will be here soon.

Here he comes with your dinner.

Here he comes with dinner.

Who's first?.

Baby has got it!.

Don't just sit there! go and get some more.

If any one is wondering where their young Swans have got to maybe here at Gorton, where the two residents are wondering why here, eight on the lake today.

So then it was off to Morrison's for fish and chips, there wasn't many in today so I was given a large helping which was nice but a bit over facing for me, still the thought was there!.
On the way home I called at the charity shop to see if I could get to any jigsaws in the packed back room, but the lady in charge had sorted me some out and put them in the front of the room, so I got five 1,000 piece ones, think they are tired of sorting the back room and had lowered the price!, so I got these, all for £5!!.

      Good job has I'd just finished this one today.
Typical charity shop, packed out and can't move round.


So it's been a good day even with the jab, arm is getting like a second hand dart board now!.
.................................
An estate agent is trying to sell a very old man a new home.
It would be a marvellous investment say's the agent.
At my age you've got to be joking say's the old man, at my age I don't even buy green bananas!.  

The older you get, the longer it takes to get over a good time!.

There's a fine line between marketing and grand theft.
........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment