Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 10 April 2024

The Rainy City, Wednesday, 10.4.2024.

 Yet another day of rain today, good job I had plenty of things to do!.

Changed the bedding for myself and Alfie, dislike the first but don't mind the second!.

I did go out today, but only for dinner at Morrison's for my fish and chips, could only manage half the chips!.



Noticed this on the tables today, free crumpets!.
More for the kids to drop on the floor hey.

Been busy with the lighting again this week

This was the light in the front room, and although I don't go in there much these days thought I would update this light the same as the  others in the house.
Remember the round light in the garage I thought was too fancy, I've used that for the front room.


I spent hours years ago painting those pastel colours on the rings, back breaking job.

So I'm pleased that some of the colours still show!.

The 5 bulbs in the old light were 5x 40 watts = 200 watts, this led one is only 36 watts and seems brighter if anything!.

Then, with one light left over I decided to use it for the back bedroom (My ironing/drying room) so the single light shade with an LED bulb was changed for this 22 watts light which is quite bright enough for occasional use.  


Good use of the new electric tester again.

So though the rain stopped play I've keep busy, after Morrisons today, popped over to Debdale to check on the new mural, but as I expected nothing else done due to the heavy rain these last few days.
The red Shania bush in my garden has sprouted these leaves in just a couple of days must be all the rain, that yellow privet that my mate Bob gave me years ago should be trimmed into a nice square box but there again too wet out there. 
Did realise looking at this picture, in the better weather, could use the left over bricks from Alfie's outdoor run to make a nicer wall round the bottom of this bush, saves a trip to the tip!.

Not stopped the Goldfinches stocking up, ready for the busy period of the breeding season.



Off to Portland Basin tomorrow, only the Bridge View Café though, How many pictures of the inside of the museum do you need!.
Though its good for you people with children as it's free!, in the museum that it!!.
My Friend and neighbour will be singing in the café tomorrow as well.


Sat and did two jigsaws the last few days too, and realised that the new round light though quite bright enough, means I'm sat in my own light whilst Jig Sawing, the old one was a neon strip light and covered my table, so it was back on to good old Amazon again found this picture light which will be ok in front of me as it tilts down so not in your eyes.
Will install it tomorrow all being well and will post the result in the next post.

What's in the box?.
Light, holder, charging lead, remote and destructions!.

If you want to check the Jig Saws done check the Tabs under the main header picture
 ..................................................
..........................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment