Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 1 April 2024

Easter bank Holiday, 2024.

 Thursday 28th was my friends birthday, well actually it was the next day but we don't meet on Fridays so it was the presents hand over on the Thursday.

It was nice and busy for the owners and my mate and neighbour Chris was there singing.


There's the birthday girl too, though she didn't sing, usually when people see a mike they can't get to it fast enough, there was a young lad got up and had a sing, didn't get his picture.

Jean got this cake from the management and the rest of us got some cakes too.

A few of the customers

We had another visit there on the Saturday.

These chaps were walkers and the lady in the background had a giant Labradoodle.

This is the lady labradoodle, a cross with a standard poodle and a Labrador.

Always a nice floral display on every table.

Back home over the Bank Holiday, always tend to stay in and let the workers have free rain, (excuse the Pun) 
Whilst in the Hide, (Garage) snapped the Goldfinches stocking up ready for the busy breeding season.


There are a few Dunnocks about too, eating off the floor, since the Goldfinches are quite fussy eaters.



Then looked at the lighting and there it is two 60watt tubes, you can't buy the ordinary bulbs and tubes anymore only LEDs but here's a tip for you go to Home Bargains two pack for cheaper price than B&Q. 

So changed them, for this 36 Watt Led light, a bit fancy for the garage, but might change it if I see a more industrial looking one then find somewhere else for this one.


Whilst in the garage, had an idea for The Gate (the on going project that seems to be lasting for ever) I hung it up so I could get all round at once!.
A good coat of  Black Satin Hammerite which I had in stock. 

Then back in the house, changed the dimmer switch in the front room back to an ordinary switch (its actually the original one) so that I can change that light for an LED too eventually.


No decorating required hey.

So its been a fruitful weekend, what with the odd jobs, friends birthday, shopping and dining out, kept busy!.
Glad the Bank holiday is over now though, must be getting old thinking that. 
.....................................................................




..............................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment