Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 27 March 2024

Busy week, 24th -27th.March.2024.

 Decided I'd had enough of my living room light, had it for years and was a 300watt strip light!.


I plumbed for a slimline LED light from Amazon, which is only 43watts and its brighter than the old one!, and neater. 

Only thing was it didn't like a dimmer switch so luckily I still had the old switch.


So it was off with the old and back on with the older one, only trouble was I didn't have a brass cover, so used one from the boxroom and today went to B&Q and didn't see one so asked a Asian lady worker there if they still did them, she said "I've worked here 30 years and never seen them" I didn't like to tell her I bought them before she was old enough to work there!.

I saw all brass ones at £7.50 so perhaps they find its more profitable to sell them, than just the cover plates at a couple of quid.

So just bought a new light switch as the one in the boxroom

 was a bit discoloured after having the brass cover on all these years, £1.75!


I took the old light fittings down in a few minutes, and left it at that as number one son was coming to fit the new ones, I don't trust myself too long on ladders anymore.
 


In the meantime I thought that the smaller ones of this light would look nice in the hall and stairs, so ordered 2 smaller ones from Amazon again.

The old ones were a pig to clean or change the bulbs.



Son came today and fitted all three lights.

The new LED light in the living room only 43 watts!.


Think it's rather neat.

The new light in the hall. and stairs
 are only 22 watts, but nice and bright!.



Nice and flush.


The new one on the landing.


These lights are said to be good for 50,000 hours, so should last me out!.

 

During the week I'd been over to the Gorton ressers and saw that the Great created Grebes had started to build their nest., see last post.
The female today was sat on the nest.


Also on a previous post I'd mentioned that the Old Aviary had had a paint job same as Reddish Vale Park and today there was another painting on the Debdale sailing centre this time.



As it says here, not finished yet, but it's already brightened the place up.

So plenty of news today.
.............................................................................

Think this should read 31st March.






............................................................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment