Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 12 March 2024

Monday, 11.3.2024.

 As my gang have changed our Monday at Pear Mill for some reason to Tuesdays I found myself out with the camera on a Monday!.

As  the road down to the vale was closed of work on the road, I thought "I've not been in Debdale park since the pandemic!", how time flies when you are enjoying yourself, I'd been over there but only on to the ressers.

In the park looking out on to Hyde road, one of the busiest roads in Manchester, yet the park is a haven of peace.


The ladies rose garden is starting to bud.


My first surprise on entering the park from the car park was these nice new colourful seats and table.  




These rhododendron's are budding well.

The park full of daffs, the kids will have picked them all by now for their mothers.

Thinking of mothers, its a throw away society now it seems

The Bug Mansion built by the garden group a few years ago
is still doing well, no doubt full of little beasties by now. 

My next surprise was the old aviary building had been given a face lift and my first thought was the paintings looked familiar and when I got nearer I saw that it was by Home Murals the same people that had done the Information centre at Reddish Vale Park!.
If you come out of Morrison's at Reddish the old toilets near the bus stop has similar painting on them.
Of course the toilets have been closed for years as the various councils couldn't keep up with the villains keep stealing the lead/ copper piping. 


Showing one of my friends these pictures today, she thought that Robin was a cardboard cut-out.


On the other end was this nice peacock.

Round the back, not sure whether they will be bothering with this side, will keep my eyes open on that.

Not many birds about though, some did come out for seed.


Out at work all day? and dog lonely, here's your answer!. 

Ready for home after a nice walk round the park.


One for Babs, who always stays here on their visit from OZ!.

Finished another jigsaw from the charity shop this week.

As you will notice there was a piece missing, but still a bargain for a couple of quid though.


This next one was a real bargain as it was still in a plastic bag inside that was still sealed, so its a case of swings and roundabouts isn't it.
Thought it would be nice with all the animals, didn't realise how many black pieces in it though, still it was a challenge.


As I was doing it a ladybird came out of somewhere?, not sure where from, didn't want to throw it out into the cold so left it to find somewhere to go back to sleep.


Off to Portland Basin on Thursday, friend and neighbour Chris will be singing there again from 12 noon.



...............................................

Well it's a second for us again, if Jeremy Hunt had done a bit more we could have got a first hey!.


No matter who you vote for, the government always seems to get in. 

Politicians and babies nappies have one thing in common,
They should both be changed regularly and for the same reason!.

There are three kinds of lie
a small lie, a big lie and  politics.
....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment