Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 17 August 2020

Lunch at Pear Mill emporium Cafe,17.8.2020.

Day started off with a few showers while I was filling the bird feeders, the Starlings are eating me out of house and home, arrive in a large flock every morning, then its the pigeons, then the sparrows and Goldfinches, they all have youngsters, though the youngsters are feeding themselves now. 
The parents must be worn out with the babies always fluttering their wings to be fed.
The parents can now fatten up themselves.
An earlier picture of the feeding frenzy. 

Usual Lunch date at Pear Mill today with friends, nice company and chat with the staff makes all the difference to the day!.
Then the others go their separate ways and Pepe and I go round the back to see if any of the Peregrines are out and about.
Today was lucky to spot this beautiful male, one of the pair that had a brood of three chicks this year, the chicks all seem to have gone off to look for mates for themselves perhaps.

  



Think this is the female from a few days ago.

So it was a good day after the threat of rain in the morning.
Must get down to Reddish Vale soon, not been for a few weeks, but you have to be careful these days don't you with the social distancing!, and the paths there aren't as wide as Debdale Park which is only round the corner from me anyway.
 ..............................................................

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Two fish in a tank and one says to the other, do you now how to drive one of these things?.
...........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment