Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 31 August 2020

Last week of August, 31.8.2020.

Last week of August already?, where has August gone?.
Not done much this week, been to Pear Mill Cafe a couple of times, one of which was today.
After wondering if it would be packed out being a Bank Holiday was surprised to see there weren't that many in, perhaps all out on the beach somewhere, getting some sunshine and a dose of the virus, its still out there!, as the people on the plane home yesterday found out when they were tested coming off the plane there were 16 of them infected!, so they will all be isolating for 14 days that must have been a bit of a shock to round off the holiday.


The usual flower arrangement on the tables!.

Our milk jug today was a Cow!, always get something different on your visits.

During the bad weather I've finished my latest Lego kit, the Range Rover Defender.


Look at the thickness of that instruction book!.

A very good likeness I think, this one is only manually operated but I have the 4x4 off Roader I finished a few weeks ago and son John has sent me the instructions to use the motors off that to motorise the Rover.


Not sure about that, I had enough trouble making the Rover, we shall have to have a study of the instructions.

This is the part I got in trouble with on the build, that dark grey piece I had put in wrong and I had pulled all the drive trains to pieces and re assembled them before John sent me a video off YouTube where a guy explained all the pit falls of this model and I was quite pleased that it was only one that I had wrong
The consequence of my mistake was that all these gears were locked up!, changed that piece round and all was well and working pheww!.

This was on the Lego Website the other day and quite true, though my next task will slow me down a bit.


Still getting a lot of baby Goldfinches on my feeders, think these must be a new brood as they are still feeding off their parents.

Others feeding themselves.


Had a young Robin visit this week as well, not seen one here for ages.

................................................................

Did you hear about the two Mexican fighters, one was called Hose A, and the other Hose B.

If there's H2O on the inside of a fire hydrant what's on the outside?,
K9P!

A man walked into a fishmongers with a salmon under his arm and said, do you make fishcakes?
Of course said the fishmonger,
Good said the man it's his birthday!.

Its the way I tell em!
..............................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment