Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 14 August 2020

Another few days in lockdown, 11-14.8.2020

Stuck in on Tuesday waiting for the Brit Gas man to service my boiler, but after quoting between 0800 to 1300 it wasn't too bad as a nice man came at 0930 and was gone by 1030hrs so Pepe and I had a trip out to KFC and as it was Tuesday we tried out their Tuesdays bargain bucket of 9 pieces of chicken for £5.99 and what I hadn't realised  was that there were chips with that and a drink. also a little bag with hand wipes, salt and straw!, best of all it was £6.09 but with Boris's  50% off it was only £3.04! that was a good bargain.
I was too hot to got to the park afterwards, the tarmac was blisteringly hot to my hands so Pepe's feet would have burnt.
We did see this family with their two tandems, brought back happy memories when my wife and I in happier times had one and used to go to Prestatyn and Llandudno for the weekends.

Wednesday it was the car service and MOT, which all went well, except when I tried to get on the bus to come home ( with mask on ) was told you can't use the old codgers pass until 0930 hrs and it was only 0920!, only two others on the bus!.
Thursday we went to Pear Mill Cafe again, just starting to pick up again after being shut for the lockdown, everyone observing the masks round the stalls with a one way system in place, but it was a relief to get to the cafe to get the mask off it was so hot with it on and its hard to eat a sausage buttie with one on!.
Always a flower on every table which is a nice touch!.


After leaving mate Peter and his dog on the car park Pepe and I went round the back to see if any Peregrines were about and saw these two beauties.







Seems strange to see pigeons flying about in the same area, but they aren't that bright are they, and must know when the Falcons are not hungry!.

This banner is up at Debdale park, and its quite true, the water is so cold deep down one goes into cramp and even good swimmers get into trouble in reservoirs!. 
 
Met a photographer a couple of weeks ago there with a very fancy camera and thought it was a bit over the top for bird watching and when I got talking to him, it turned out he was doing a promotional film for the fire brigade.
Didn't tell him how long ago it was since I was a leading fireman in the Auxillary Fire brigade, might have thought the engines were horse drawn then!.
......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment