Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 17 June 2020

Pictures from the last few days, 17.6.2020.

Last few days been able to get out a bit more, so it was down to my favorite place Reddish Vale, and while there rummaged round in the back of the community garden and found a nice branch with some moss on for home.
I have two fan shaped trellis with Cotoneaster plants that produce berries for the birds in the winter,one red and the other yellow.
I'd put a bamboo cane between the two, but as you can see it didn't look very natural.

That's looking a lot better don't you think, with this adult goldfinch soon getting used to it.

A young Sparrow likes it too, a bit better to grip.

More, More cry's Oliver the young Sparrow.


Young Starlings waiting to see what the menu produces today.

This looks a lot more natural doesn't it.
They seem to like the seeds from the flowers on these plants.
Looks nice for me too in the winter before the birds eat all the berries.

A young Goldfinch through the square window. 

Young Starling found the Suet Pellets with mealworms.

Down at the Vale saw this Squirrel and I always like to think of captions to put to my pictures if I can.
This one was a cert for.
"Heartburn?, don't think I should have had that last peanut"

Saw this Coot dragging this large stick along must be thinking of tempting some female to join him in another nest, don't think Pepe could lift a stick this big!.

The 4 Cygnets still doing well.

This is the big boss down the Vale at the moment, seeing off all comers.
Think he's hiding behind this bush to try and catch Pepe unawares.

Looking across the Lower Mill Pond,  behind the trees there is the Top Mill Pond as big again, if you've never been you don't know what your missing!.

One of my friends was lucky enough to capture this picture of a baby peregrine that's just fledged and crash landed in the car park.
It was rescued by this chap and tagged, but this gives you an idea of the size of them, and this is only one of the babies, nice hey.


My picture of it back on the roof  showing off his tag.

Well that's it for another day 
...................................................................

Stay Safe.

.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment