Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Sunday 28 June 2020

New Bridge, 28.6.2020.

Today went to see the new bridge in situ, now all the crane stuff and other equipment had been cleared away.
Parked at McDonalds and walked across the grass to a position that was as favourable as possible.
Couldn't park at McDonalds without Pepe kicking up a fuss, so had to get a takeaway, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!.

The bridge looks a lot better this morning with all the clutter moved.

Standing back a bit.

Can you guess which camera was used. my large zoom one or my new compact one?.

Seeing the bridge was put into place quite early yesterday and most work stopped on Sunday, couldn't see why the main road couldn't have been re-opened, but I understand that the signage to close the road is done by the Highways dept, perhaps no one advised them the bridge was finished, there again perhaps some work being done behind the scenes hey.

The Church tower ( Brookfield Unitarian Church) in the pictures, so you can see the Gargoyles on it.

Pity the church didn't take advantage of the grants offered to churches some years ago to have them cleaned, perhaps they couldn't afford it.
It would have shown the details of the architecture, which looking  at this picture would have been impressive.
Mr Peacock (of Beyer Peacock trains) is buried in the grounds in a mausoleum which you can see off the main road.

Was going to have a walk in Debdale park, but the car park was heaving and loads of people streaming into the park with no regard to social distancing!, so gave that a miss

The new compact camera, for anyone interested, I know my mate Bob will be!.

......................................................................................
You know when your getting old when, 

the names in your little black book are mostly doctors. 

the four letter word that two people can do in bed is "Read"

you have a party and the neighbors don't even realise it. 

.......................................................................................

Beware new scam supposedly from the Custom & Exercise Dept saying you might get sent to prison though Tax problems if you don't press 1. 

No comments:

Post a Comment