Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 22 June 2020

Lockdown eased, 22.6.2020.

After Thursday and Friday's bad weather and Saturday and Sunday a No No for going out for me at the moment it was a nice change to have a visit from Son and daughter-in-law on Sunday morning with a fathers day card and gift!.
So it was a good day today down at Reddish Vale after my absence the last couple of days, not too many people there early on but did pick up nearer dinner time. It was a beautiful sunny day not too hot near the water and most people taking notice of Social Distancing. 
This Black Headed Gull enjoying the Lower Mill Pond

Was surprised to see this Young Herring Gull too 
  
Another newcomer today was this nice Muscovy Duck on Lower Mill Pond.

The Swans on Top Mill Pond all doing well.

When will I get my orange beak Mum?.

In my garden since my last post as seen plenty of babies and all seem to be doing well, there must be plenty of nests about as the babies are in different stages of growth.

A baby Goldfinch flapping to attract its parents to feed it, back view so you can see its yellow wing markings.

And a front view. 

Ignore it, it will get the idea of feeding itself.
 

Lovely marking hey.

A regular visitor.

Where there's a will there's a way, to get at the good stuff.

A young Starling just getting its Coloured feathers

This one a bit younger.

Some of my dog Pepe's fur after a groom. He's 11 years old now, so you can imagine if I'd saved it all up I could have stuffed a mattress!, still it's good stuff for nest building.

I thought this years Springwatch was really good with more wildlife and less chat!.
Specially liked Chris Packham's review of the book below.
One of these guys became the CEO of RSPB, sounded real good, so bought myself a copy from Amazon, what would we have done without them over this lockdown.
 

So there you have it for another day out.
..........................................................................

Politicians and babies nappies have the same thing in common.
They should both be changed regularly and for the same reason.
.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment